In India, a Masters Degree is required to gain admission to a Doctoral Programme although M.Phil Degree holders are preferred. In some subjects, doing a Masters in Philosophy (M.Phil) is a prerequisite to start PhD. The Indian Universities are required to lay down the criteria for the Faculty to be recognized as Research Supervisors both for M.Phil and PhD Programmes. The admissions are made through a Entrance Test at the level of the individual university. Upon satisfactory completion of the course work and the research methodology, which shall form part and parcel of the Doctoral Programme, the Scholars shall undertake research work and produce a draft Thesis within a reasonable time, as stipulated by the concerned university. The final Thesis produced by the Doctoral student and submitted to the University shall be evaluated by at least two experts, out of which one shall be from outside the State. It shall be up to the University concerned to have one examiner from outside the country. On receipt of satisfactory evaluation report, the Doctoral student undergoes a viva voce examination which are to be openly defended. The University shall issue a Provisional Certificate certifying to the effect that the Degree has been awarded in accordance with the provisions of these regulations of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
The CMJ University has framed its own guidelines for admission to the Ph.D. Degree in the light of the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations 2009.
Eligibility: A Master's Degree in the relevant subject. Those having M.Phil Degrees will be preferred.
Duration: Two to Five Years.
Selection: The Ph.D. Scholars are selected on the basis of an Entrance Examination conducted by the CMJ University at different locations in India in the last week of June and December every year.
Admission: The selected candidates will be required to submit a synopsis in consultation with his/her Research Supervisor/Guide. Based on the clearance from the Research Board of the University, the Research Scholar will start researching on the notified topic.
FEE : The selected candidates will be required to pay the tuition and other fee as mentioned below :
|Admission and Registration Fee||Rs. 5,125.00|
|Psychometric Analysis Examination and Evaluation||Rs. 5,000.00|
|Tuition, Guidance and Monitoring Fee (Payable in 2 Installments)||Rs. 1,20,000.00|
- Enhance the career of students in all Sectors & Stream.
- Democratizing higher education by taking it to the doorsteps of the learners providing access to high quality education to all those who seek it irrespective of age, region or formal qualifications.
- Short duration programs in various faculties which enable the candidates/students to acquire value based and world-class Management qualifications while working.
- Offering need-based programs by giving professional and vocational orientation to the courses.
- Promoting and developing distance education in India.
- Setting and maintaining standards in distance education in the country.